BREAKING NEWS: On October 14, 2016, CMS Released the MACRA Final Rule, which implements MIPS and Advanced APMs. The final rule incorporated several of ASCRS and medical community's recommendations including a flexible timeline, reduced quality reporting thresholds, no resource use component in the first year's score, and reduced Advancing Care Information measure requirements. Read the full details here.
Guides on the full program, and each of the categories of MIPS have been updated to reflect the changes in the final rule. Download copies below.
MACRA Implementation: Quality Payment Program
CMS is offering several flexibility options for the first performance period (2017) to avoid a penalty for 2019 payments:
To avoid a penalty for 2019, in 2017, providers can choose to report either:
- One quality measure for one patient, and not have to meet the measure benchmark, or
- One improvement activity, or
- The required base measures for Advancing Care Information.
To be eligible for a small bonus, providers can choose to report for at least 90 days:
- Two or more quality measures, and not have to meet the measure benchmark or
- More than one improvement activity, or
- The required base measures and additional performance measures for Advancing Care Information.
Providers who report all the required measures and meet the thresholds and benchmarks in each of the categories for at least 90 days—or up to the full year—have the greatest potential for a larger bonus.
ASCRS has developed a guide on the full QPP program and individual guidelines for each of the categories found below:
We will continue to update this web page with information as it becomes available. Additional information is available below.
As always, ASCRS•ASOA Government Relations staff is available to assist you or answer questions at 703-591-2220.