This week, the CDC, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and the World Health Organization (WHO), asked the American Medical Association (AMA) and other healthcare organizations to distribute materials on the international response to the current Ebola outbreak in West Africa. A CDC document summarizes  key messages about the outbreak and the response.
In addition, the following are updated guidance documents available:
- Open Letter to All U.S. Healthcare Professionals  from Dr. Nicole Lurie, the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response, regarding the current Ebola situation.
- Interim Guidance for Environmental Infection Control in Hospitals for Ebola Virus 
- HAN 371: Evaluating Patients for Possible Ebola Virus Disease: Recommendations for Healthcare Personnel and Health Officials 
- Interim Guidance: EMS Systems & 9-1-1 PSAPs: Management of Patients in the U.S. 
- Evaluating Returned Travelers for EVD, U.S .
- Checklist for Patients Being Evaluated for EVD, U.S. 
- Ebola Screening Criteria Template for EMS 
- Detailed Hospital Checklist for Ebola Preparedness 
- Checklist for Healthcare Coalitions for Ebola Preparedness 
- Detailed Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Checklist for Ebola Preparedness 
The CDC and HHS have made available a webinar  recording on Ebola preparedness for the U.S. healthcare system.
Providers are encouraged to visit the CDC Ebola website  for the most updated information on the 2014 Ebola response and to share this information with your colleagues and networks.